Sushi is one of the biggest trends in food right now. It is also known to be quite high in caloric intake. Fear not, healthy eaters! There are low calorie sushi options and we’ve gotten our hands on some of the most delicious recipes.
Below, find some of our favorites along with all of the health questions you want answered, like: What vitamins are in sushi? And How many calories are in Sushi?
170 calories, 5g fat per roll
- Fresh and pickled vegetables serve up vitamins A, C, and E
- Seaweed wrap provides minerals like iodine, zinc, and calcium
For an extra dose of fiber, exchange white rice for brown rice.
232 calories, 2g fat per roll
- Use white fish instead of your usual tuna
- Mackerel is rich in omega-3s and selenium, which may help protect against cancer.
330 calories, 8g fat per roll
- Colorful fish wrapped around a vegetable roll, has higher calorie count because of its nutritional weight.
- Serve one with a bowl of miso soup for under 425 calories.
231 calories, 4g fat per roll
- Has heart-healthy omega-3 fats
- Order it straight instead of spicy
- Just 1 tablespoon of chili-spiked mayonnaise tacks on an extra 99 calories and 11 grams of fat.
33 calories, 1g fat per piece
- One thin slice of raw fish has fewer calories than sushi
- The green horseradish paste contains antimicrobial properties that may help deflect food poisoning.
199 calories, 0g fat per roll
- Skip the deep-fried tempura roll which has more than 500 calories and 21 grams of fat
- Serve with cucumber or pickled radish
- Add a pinch of tempura flakes on the side